There are currently 3 different volunteer roles available at the farm
- Food growing volunteer with the Market Garden Project . Full description here
- Events and activities volunteer.
- Site and maintenance volunteer.
Don’t feel the roles quite fits for you?
Other teams at the farm, such as the education team and agricultural team, may accept volunteers on an ad hoc basis. This will require a face-to-face conversation with the staff member involved after you have been inducted as a volunteer. If the staff member can’t accommodate your availability or experience (or lack of), then you will only be able to volunteer in the three ways listed. That’s still no bad thing!
Before you volunteer with us (regardless of what you want to do), there are 5 steps you must take.
PLEASE NOTE: Please don’t come to the farm expecting to volunteer there and then, you must go through the application process. This is to ensure the safety of everyone on all farm programmes.
- Download all the forms at the end of this sentence by clicking on them. Volunteer Application Form. Equality and Monitoring Form. Volunteer Handbook.
- Complete and return the Volunteer Application Form and Equality and Monitoring Forms to firstname.lastname@example.org . This includes consenting to an enhanced DBS check if needed and to providing two references which we will verify before you start volunteering. These references should include at least one professional reference. We will email your references a questionnaire or to fill in related to your suitability to be a volunteer and to volunteer safely. If you have a particular interest or area you would like to volunteer at MVUF, please give more details when you complete the volunteer application form (details below).
- Read and understand the Volunteer Handbook.
- Wait for us to get in touch with you confirming your positive references and arrange an induction.
- Arrive on-site at a pre-arranged time for an on-site induction . This will include going through your application form, a small tour of the farm, health and safety essentials, general on-site essentials and creating an ID badge for you. It will also include filling in an online skills assessment. All going well, you should be able to start volunteering on the day.