Meanwood Valley Urban Farm, a registered charity, was established in 1980 to provide services to inner city communities. From the Farm’s humble beginnings operating from two old caravans, it has grown into a 24 acre site. It’s not only a working farm with a wide variety of animals but also a major centre for community and environmental work.
Services we provide include:
- Environmental education services to schools – Projects include minibeast hunts, incubation and mud workshop
- Holiday Playschemes
- Alternative Programme – Engage ReConnect Project – delivered to high school pupils aged 13-16 years who are experiencing problems in main stream education
- Development programme to adults with learning disabilities
- Training – NOCN Progression Awards
- Allotments to local people
- Leisure resource that is open to visitors every day (café closed Mondays)
- Conference facilities – We have three rooms of differing sizes available to hire for meetings, community groups etc. Please email us if you would like more information.
Partnership and Training
The Farm works in partnership with Leeds City Council Adult Social Care in providing a community care scheme where adults with learning disabilities receive training in gardening, literacy and numeracy. For these individuals, being based in an integrated environment has positive benefits.